Sunday 15 November 2009

How to get poor quick...

Now I don't wish to start off negative, but by far the most effective way to avoid accumulating money is getting divorced. I have to admit that it is even more effective at stripping away personal assets than the effect on my investment portfolio of the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the subsequent plunge of world stock markets.

I'm not bitter. I actually found a rather pragmatic quote in the weekend paper - "Money comes and goes. You mustn't get too attached to it".

That said, one mustn't get too used to losing money. Once in a while perhaps. And it sometimes serves as a good lesson and encourages you to not take things for granted.

So as you can tell, I'm divorced. Prior to my divorce and the credit crisis, I was actually a dollar millionaire briefly. Back when the exchange rate hit $2.10 to the pound. It was good enough for me anyway :)).

Now I am organising my way to re-attain those seven digits - and this time in pound sterling.

No comments:

Post a Comment